Leonard B. Doggett, Jr.
L.B. Doggett, Jr. is the owner, president and CEO of Doggett Enterprises, Inc., the parent Corporation of Doggetts Parking Company which was founded by his father, Leonard B. Doggett, Sr. and his wife Rose Marie Doggett in 1926. Upon his return from World War II, Mr. Doggett resumed his career in this commercial parking business and worked with local businesses and the downtown community to develop a comprehensive plan for parking in the District of Columbia.
Mr. Doggett is recognized throughout the parking industry as an innovator of services designed to meet the ever-changing needs of the parking public. Well known for hands-on involvement in his corporations and the people they employ, he spearheaded nationally recognized employee and operational programs to upgrade parking professionalism. In addition, Mr. Doggett is:
- Founder and past president of the Washington Parking Association.
- A founder and first president of the National Parking Association (www.npapark.org). During his tenure he traveled to every major city in the United States to promote the advantages of commercial off-street parking.
- A past president of The Greater Washington Board of Trade (www.bot.org) where he remains active as director, chairman of the senior council, chairman of special events and co-chairman of the Federal PAC.
- A founder and presently chairman of the board and CEO of HEROES, Inc. (www.heroes-inc.org), a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to provide financial aid to families of metropolitan Washington law enforcement officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty.
- A past director, chairman of the board and chairman of the executive committee for McLachlen National Bank; past chairman of the board of Citizens Bank of Washington; and past director of National Permanent Federal Savings and Loan Association.